Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A short break. . .

I ran out of the off-white yarn that I am using to edge my granny squares for my afghan, so I took a break and finished one of my other projects. Last fall I started a geeky hat and scarf project. I am a Harry Potter fan, so yes I succumbed to the temptation and crocheted myself a Ravenclaw scarf. I wanted to make a matching hat, but classes got in the way and I put it off. Now with the new trailers for the last Harry Potter film I decided it was time to finish the set.


I really wanted to make a set using the book colors, but when I started I was broke and had to use what I had, so they are the movie colors. I am very happy with the outcome. The hat is a pattern that I love! I actually have two of these hats now in different colors. The pattern is here. It is simple, but demands a little bit of attention. The scarf is simply half double crochet. This is my favorite stitch for scarves if I'm doing something simple like this, because it isn't too stiff or too loose and has a very nice drape. I still need to weave in the ends on the scarf, but other than that I am completely done. The flower was a quick addition that I found here. I'm very happy and am prepared to be both warm and geeky this winter.

Tomorrow I am going to go shopping and get all of the yarn I will need to finish this afghan. I only have 36 more squares and then all 140 get sewn together into my first ever finished afghan!!! I will finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment